Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Be Merry

I thought I would make a separate posting for this card to enter it into a few challenges. I made this card for my tutorial of course (scroll to the posting below or click here if you're interested). This posting is much, much, much shorter. I meant to post this last night when I got home from work, but I fell asleep on my sofa...LOL. Woke up with a crick in my neck...ouch!


I've used this adorable Magnolia image of Vintage Tilda from the new A Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010 and Holly Letter from the So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009. Both stamps are available from Diana's Magnolia-licious.



These are the challenges that I had in mind:

Totally Tilda - Challenge # 7 - Traditional Red and Green Christmas.

Charisma Cardz Challenges - Week 41 - More than one fold

I've embellish it even more with some flowers so I can enter it in the following challenges as well:
ABC Challenge - F is for Flowers.

7 Kids College Fund Challenge #6 - Flowers and Layers.

All Sorts Challenge Week 74 - Let's play bingo. I've chosen the boxes of embellishments that went from top right corner to bottom left corner, which include: pearls, flowers and punch.

Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your visit. Enjoy your day.

Stamp: Vintage Tilda from the A Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010, Holly Letter from the So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009 (both stamps available from Magnolia-licious), Imaginisce clear stamp Polar Expressions Collection Be Merry.

DP's: Basic Grey Wassail Collection Laurel Leaves, Chatterbox Decorative Cardstock Guest Plaid.

Tools: Big Shot die-cutting machine, Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Standard Circles Large, Petite Scalloped Circles Large, Small Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles. EK Sucess flower and leave punches.

Embellishments: Recollections pearl brad, Michaels pearl stickers gold.

Misc.: Tim Holtz distressing ink pad Forest Moss.



30 comments:

Catherine Atkinson said...

So cute! This card is just wonderful.

KayBeScraps said...

looks sooo fantastic.. beautiful card..
Hugs, Katrin

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Norma! This is just gorgeous. You really have a knack of taking a simple shape and idea and working it into a masterpiece! Your work is just perfection! Isn't that little image of Tilda precious? I can't wait to have one for myself. Beautiful coloring...hugs...Barb

Rene said...

Oh how adorable!!! Thanks for the tutorial too...can't wait to try it out!

Card Crazy said...

She's adorable. Love these little round cards.
Sue S.

dolcreations said...

You have created a beauty here! I LOVE IT! Thank-you so much for the tutorial...I appreciate it so much!!!

Heidi said...

Norma- This card is delightful. I love the shape and the twist out part. I will be going to the tutorial! Thanks for playing the ABC F is for Flowers challenge.

Unknown said...

I love your round easel card, thanke for the tutorial can not wait to try it, yours it wonderful
susan in KY

Dena said...

Another precious card! Oh isn't she soooo sweet and you colored her to perfection!!! Love this design and will HAVE to give it a shot!
Hugs, Dena

dolcreations said...

Norma this is so beautifully done! I am going to definetly try this out!I just hope it turns out as lovely as yours....could you come by and have a play day with me?!!! I here you are bracing for your first snowfall so come out to my place and get away for bit!!LOL Then I know for sure my card will turn out!!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Super coloring on the whole images and background of your card Norma. Beautiful setting of Tilda on the letter. Very cute swing open writting area. Love it!
Hugs,
Cabio

Allison said...

sweet card
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Julie said...

Norma - This is gorgeous! It really puts the emphasis on the image. Great job!

Hugz,
Julie

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! And thanks for the tutorial too!

Cami said...

Another cute easel card, Norma! Keep them coming so I can CASE your cards and not think! I love each and every one of them! Beutiful coloring as always! Hugs, Cami

Candy said...

So beautiful Norma!! You are a pro at these shapes
now :o)
Love it!!
Hugs, Candy

Manuela said...

Beautiful card, Norma! ♥

Thanks for joining us at Flowers and Layers challenge this week at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

Anonymous said...

Love your Tilda creation Norma! She's a doll! love her sitting on the envelope... I haven't used mine yet! just gotta get more done! lol TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Unknown said...

Hi Norma...aren't you the clever one!! I completely totally love this card! Tilda is precious...and the mini easel concept is absolutely inspired!!!! You're such an inspiration, darlin"!!!
Pat Frank

Lori said...

Wow this is fantastic, I love how it slides out, great card, thanks for joining our challenge at Totally Tilda, we'd love to have you back again!

Mandy said...

Norma I love your card, the image, papers and embellies are all gorgeous, just perfect.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our Traditional Christmas challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Mummylade said...

Just lovely. So glad you liked my bingo challenge at Allsorts this week. Thanks for playing and good luck!

Susie Sugar said...

Norma this is totally stunning darling I don't think I've seen a creation I've loved more I adore it
Please make sure you pop by the challenge blog and check out our new challenge tomorrow
Thanks for joining us at the Totally Tilda challenge this time
Hugs Susie and the TT DT xxxx

Jean said...

Norma, love your card it is so gorgeous.. totally perfect and love your tutorial.. got it from Maria and am so happy I did. Hope to be able to be making this type of card and your tutorial makes it look so easy... step by step.. you are such an easy teacher.. Thank you for that. again your card is just totally perfect...
Hugs, Jean

XxJULESxX said...

one word......WOW!!!!!

creationsncraftsbyarina said...

very pretty card
greetings from arina ( the netherlands)

Lisa said...

Wonderful project Norma! Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kid's Challenge!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Beautiful, creative, and unique card! Very well done. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Summerhays
7 Kids College Fund DT

Alyce said...

Thank so much for sharing the tutorial. I can't wait to try it. Being able to see the steps really helped!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...