Friday, January 21, 2011

Love is in the Air

Happy Friday!

I've been rushing to finish this card so I can enter it into the challenge at Make It Colourful. Their Challenge #2 is to Colour with Red (and it will be closing in a few hours...yikes!).


And other challenges for this card also:

Sunday Sketch and Stamp - Challenge 45 - sketch (I've turned the sketch upside down).
Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge 8 - Love is in the Air!
Creatalicious Challenge #18 - Ribbon with a Love theme.
Flutter By Wednesday #138 - Open Week.
7 Kids College Fund - Challenge #13 - Challenge yourself! (It's always a challenge for me to colour black, white and red.)
Simon Says -Bingo Challenge - My choices are brads, flower, ribbon.
Stamp Something - Cute Somethings Challenge.
Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 90 - sketch.



This oh sooo... adorable angel is called Bubbling Tilda and she is from Magnolia's Fairy Tale Collection 2010. The stamp for her image is available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.

I've cut out her entire image and mounted it on pieces of foam tape/dimensionals and I've added a more 3-D effect to her wings by adding a second set of wings. Both sets of wings are covered with clear glitter.

I've drawn and coloured little red hearts inside the bubbles and then added some gloss medium (you have to wait for a while for this to dry) to give the bubbles a more shiny and ...well, bubble look...LOL.


Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit. Have a wonderful weekend! Hope you can get some crafting done in between whatever life throws at you. Me too!

Recipe:

I've been experimenting with colouring with markers and then with coloured pencils. To colour the red I used Promarkers crimson, berry red, red; Letraset Tria Pantone markers 178, 176, Touch markers 137 medium pink, Derwent Coloursoft coloured pencils C130 deep red, C120 red, C100 rose. A bit overboard probably, but I was having fun playing around.

Other markers and coloured pencils used:
Promarkers: blush, soft peach, cocoa, raw sienna, Cool grey 1, 2 and 3.
Touch markers: 27 powder pink, 136 blush, 178 cool shadow
Letraset Tria Pantone (discontinued): 4655, 5503, 5507 and 5527.
Prismacolor: pencils PC939 deep orange, PC1010 peach, PC928 blush pink.
Derwent Coloursoft C600 mid brown.

Stamps: Bubbling Tilda from Magnolia's Fairy Tale Collection 2010, Posh Impressions Grass, the sentiment is computer generated.

DP's: My Mind's Eye Bohemian Collection Bliss 'Love of My Life' Floral, Basic Grey Euphoria Collection Felicity.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One, Martha Stewart border punch Heart Chain and twig punch, EK Success leaves and retro flower punches medium and small.

Misc.: Mark Richards Crystal Stickers red hearts, Recollections brads and pearls, ribbon from my stash, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter, Deserres gloss medium.

42 comments:

pasjemari said...

Beautiful card!!!!

Regina said...

Another gorgeous card Norma!!! Love the colors, the flowers, the sentiment .... Thanks so much for sharing. Again I love it...
Have a marvellous weekend!
Hugs

Danielle Champagne said...

Norma.... OH!So very pretty. This Tilda is very dear to my heart, and I love the little hearts in the bubble. Everything is just perfect. MAGNIFIQUE
Hugs Danielle.

dolcreations said...

Norma, she is just beautiful! Tilda is coloured perfectly as is that wonderful grass you did at the bottom! LOVE your card!

Drea´s World said...

Hi Norma graet Job what a beatiful Card I Love your Coloring and love it!!!
Hugs from Germany your Drea

Gina K said...

Adorable card! I like the shading on her dress and all of the hearts, especially the glossy ones you added from her "horn" (I don't know what to call it!).

Anonymous said...

Norma, your coloring is so fantastic! I especially love the hearts in the bubbles. The background behind Tilda is awesome too!
hugs,
Shell

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is fabulous and very well done! I love how you colored those pleats in her dress and the sparkly wings! The card layout is a nice design and just the right amount of embellishments. Thanks for playing along in the Make it Colourful challenge this week. :D

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, what a lovely pretty card!! Don't you think the reds are so difficult to colour? You sure did a good job. HUgs, Frea

Nina I. said...

Beautiful card!! Love your coloring;-))
Thanks for playing along in the Make it Colourful challenge;-))

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card!
Hugs
Cordine

Christina C. said...

OMG, Norma!!!!!!!!!!!! Your card just blows me awayyyyyyyyyy! What a magnificent job you did coloring this Tilda.....the folds are phenomenal! I am in total awe!!!!!

Louise said...

Beautiful card Norma and such a fabulous idea with the hearts in the bubbles,
Louise

Loz said...

love how you've done the folds in her dress and those cute little heart bubbles! Gorgeous card ♥

Mary said...

Love the colors and the layered and dimensional look. I have that stamp and will get out my Spellbinder die and give it a go. Love the 3D on the wings. Thanks for sharing. Love your work.

Chris said...

Norma, your card is so pretty! I love that stamp and how you colored it! It's such a pretty card. Way to go!

Chris Christensen

Sandy said...

How does one spell beautiful! Norma's latest creation is how. I love this and all you wonderful ideas. The colors are grand - and that grass - gotta get that grass - how fabulous is that! You are so talented Norma.
Sandy Dehon

Barb Hardeman said...

Norma, this is wonderful! As always! I love that she is blowing out those darling hearts, and your background grass is fabulous! Wow, your coloring is awesome - I don't know how you combine so many different mediums so creatively, but it really works...this is a super card...hugs...Barb

Myrna said...

Love those hearts in the bubbles!! Awesome pleats in her dress. Love your card.

Rene said...

Another beautiful creation from the ultra talented Norma!!! I love your projects/cards!
Rene :D

Pat said...

Oh Norma...you've done it again, luv! You've created a gorgeous and entirely unique card! I would have never thought to put hearts inside the bubbles. You are brilliant, darlin'!!! Pat Frank

Sherry said...

WOW...this card just blew me away. I LOVE it. The colors, the coloring, the design, the DPs, the embellishments,...just all of it is fantastic. TFS

Julie said...

Wow! Just gorgeous Norma!

Julie

Jean said...

Norma, this card is so beautiful.. love how you did her dress, wings, the colors, MS punch, the pp, the flowers and the sentiment.. all so gorgeous... yep, a great card!!
Hugs, Jean

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
Looove your card. what a super idea to give her another wing. I love the hearts in the bubbles. You have great imagination. Your coloring fabulous. Love the folds in her dress and that grass looks wonderful. The flower looks super.
hugs Maz

Zoe said...

Oh Norma! This is just absolutely stunning. I LOVE how you experimented with so many mediums. I don't think it is overboard at all! heehee The folds are absolutely perfect and I just adore the blowing heart bubbles. So glad you managed to get your project in on time to share with us at Make it Colourful this week. hugs xxoo

Kelly said...

your card is fantastic, I think your image is so nice and cutting around her hair is hard. You made a very nice card.

Juliep said...

Wow, you say that coloring red is a challenge for you. You definitely wouldn't know it. Your coloring is amazing and love the background and how you made the little hearts in the bubbles. Beautiful card.

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Norma,
Such a gorgeous card. You've colored this very whimsical Tilda just perfectly. Her hair makes your card come to life. Wonderful!
Blessings,
Leslie

Diana Crick said...

Norma, This is absolutely stunning. Your colour is exceptional! You are always thinking outside the box and I love this about your work...how clever to put hearts in the bubbles.
BEEE_U_TAFULLLLL!
hugs, Diana

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Norma, this artwork is gorgeous. Considering the time to build her wonderful dimension wings, hand drawn heart and the grass & flowers, glossy medium, and glitters, you really dedicate your hours to give up a great eye treats!! Beautifully done :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous Norma! Thanks for listing all the different mediums you used to color this image in. I do love how you colored her and the grass looks fabulous! Stunning card my friend! hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

she's fabulous Norma! love her and your red coloring! I think red is fun to color too!
: ) I get to messing around and am embarrassed to post all the colors I've tried! lol Usually I can't remember! lol I recognize that grass stamp, an oldie but goodie... always makes me smile when I have something you have too! That's a cool border punch... love how you used it on the sentiment layer too...cool! LOVE the hearts in the bubbles!!! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Chris said...

Norma, Oh my gosh, one would never know coloring with red is a challenge for you. Your coloring is flawless. You always do such beautiful work - you inspire me.

Hugs

Cricket

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, love Tilda and fab colours you've used.
luv
Debby

Iulia said...

Wow Norma! Wonderful card and impeccable coloring!
It's always a pleasure passing by!
Hugs, iulia

Chris (catt871) said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colours and the layout! Your colouring is GORGEOUS!!! THANKS for joining Simon Says Stamp this week!
Chris

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunning colouring, Norma. A beautiful card and I love the hearts in the bubbles! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Dee said...

Oh Norma what a beautiful card!! I love that image of Tilda and don't know how I missed her while I was shopping for some new stamps.Your coloring is great, good luck with all the challenges you entered her in.

Janie Printz said...

Super wonderful card !!! So beautifully colored & just love your amazing shading you've done on her dress. Reds are so hard for me but you've totally "got it" ...
Great little border punch.
Janie

Jean said...

OMG Norma, I just saw this card and am so much in love with it.. you did a beautiful job.. Love the layout, coloring and everything else... am sure everyone has said everything else I am thinking, so I will just say well done!!
Hugs,Jean

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS and so beautifully coloured!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...