Today, we're kicking off our Summer Blog Hop at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
If you're already taking part in the Blog Hop and have arrived here from Jane's blog, then you're right on track. If you didn't come from her blog then you just may want to start at the beginning, HERE.
On to my project...here's what I've created, a card and gift-basket set.
The first part is the card itself, which you can see is an easel card.
As for the gift basket, I saw a picture of a basket of strawberries on Pinterest which I thought was just the cutest. A search on the internet led me to this site HERE. I didn't follow the measurements given in the tutorial, but adjusted them to suit my project.
I made the paper strawberries first (just google for the template if you're interested). Each of the paper strawberry is actually a surprise package because I've filled each of them with a Lindt Lindor dark-chocolate ball...yum.
I created the basket just deep enough to hold four or five strawberries in it, so it's smaller/shallower than the one in the tutorial.
- Strawberry Yummy Tilda from the Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011
- Frency Tilda from the Spring Fever Collection 2016
Magnolia Stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps. And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, e-mail Diana and I'm sure she'll be happy to bring it in for you.
And other-brand stamps that the store carries include Stamping Bella, Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Saturated Canary and Crafter's Companion.
There are two ways to win during our Summer Blog Hop:
1. Beach Ball Scavenger Hunt (see my picture below).
2. Enter a summer-themed project (sorry, no cards please).
Both winners will win a $20 Gift Certificate from the Magnolia-licious store.
How to play:
1. Like us on our Magnolia-licious Facebook Fan Page.
2. Leave a comment on DT's posts during the hop.
3. Count the number beach balls in each of the DT posts and send the total to Cathy Lee at email@example.com using "Summer Beach Ball Scavenger Hunt" in the subject line.
Scavenger Hunt Picture
This is the last DT stop on our Summer Blog Hop. I hope you've enjoyed yourself.
Challenges I'm entering with my summer project:
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Wk 19 - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me August Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar August Challenge - Summer Fun
Digi Choosday Craft Challenge Wk 31 - Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread Challenge #21 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Try to contain yourself
Simply Papercraft Challenge #34 - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Wonderful Wednesday - Anything Goes
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by. Your visit is always very much appreciated. Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!
Sentiments: Computer generated
Designer Papers: DCWV Berry Street Farmer's Market Stack paper pad
Dies: Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland (strawberry sepals); Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Ovals, Grand Decorative Circles One, Classic Ovals, Classic Scalloped Ovals and Die D-Lites Blooms Two; Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles; Magnolia Doohickey Swirl; Elizabeth Craft Designs 730 Dancing Leaves
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pads Walnut Stain and Aged Mahogany; brads and pearls from my stash
- face and skin: blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks: oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and shoes: burnt sienna, Touch BR100, caramel, sandstone
- green shades: holly, soft green, pastel green
- red shades: ruby, poppy, lipstick red, red
- leaves: 5767-T, apple cider, meadow green
- basket: cocoa, raw sienna, mustard, vanilla
- white shading: warm grey 5-T, cool grey 4-T, cool grey 1-T
- dotted background: grey green, 5507-T, tea green, 5527-T